ZZ Adventures in the Savage North
Name: Baelon Isith
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d4, Spirit d6, Strength d10, Vigor d8
Skills: Faith d6 (2), Fighting d8 (4), Guts d4 (1), Intimidation d6 (2), Persuasion d6 (2), Riding d8 (4)
Parry: 6 (7 w/ shield)
Toughness: 7 (3 armor) (5 armor vs. ranged)
- Code of Honor: Character keeps his word and acts like a gentleman
- Loyal: The hero tries to never betray or disappoint his friends
- Vow (Minor): A pledge to a group, deity, or religion
- Arcane Background (Miracles): Allows access to Arcane Background (Miracles)
- Brave: +2 to Fear tests
- Brawny: Toughness +1; load limit is 8 x Str
- Knight: light warhorse, lance, chain mail armor, and medium shield; +2 to Charisma
- Noble: Rich; +2 Charisma; Status and wealth
- Rich: 3x starting funds, $150K annual salary
Powers: Healing, light/obscure
- Lance (Str+d8, AP 2 when charging, Reach 2, only usable in mounted combat)
- Long Sword (Str+d8, Includes scimitars)
- Medium Shield (+1 Parry, +2 Armor to ranged shots that hit)
- Plate Arms (vambrace) (+3, Covers arms)
- Plate Corselet (+3, Covers torso)
- Plate Leggings (greaves) (+3, Covers legs)
- Steel Helmet (enclosed) (+3, Covers head)
- Warhorse, Saddle, Mule, Saddle Pack, Pavilion, Normal Clothes x2, Winter Clothes, Bedroll, Flint and Steel, Rope 20’, Whetstone, Lantern, Pint of Oil x2, Trail Rations 1 week, Waterskin
Favored Enemy: Dragons
Worst Nightmare: Drowning
Baelon is the youngest child of Gregor and Nadine Isith, the Lord and Lady of Briden. For the last 4 years, he has answered the call from the Iron Countess of Ingmor to stand fast against the hordes from the Goblin Peaks. He become a seasoned warrior, and made a lot of good friends and comrades in arms.
A devout man, Baelon has learned that his faith gives him the ability to perform minor miracles: healing the wounded, and creating light so that he might combat the darkness.
Last year’s campaign was especially bad. The goblins are normally a fairly formidable foe, but this time they brought an incredible ally; a mighty, fire breathing dragon. Many of Baelon’s friends were killed, and they were barely able to turn back the tide. Knowing that the dragon would return, Baelon decided he needed to dedicate himself to finding some way to defeat it. Last year’s losses were too great; Ingmor cannot survive another such fight.
Cashing in all of his favors and selling all his non-combat possessions, Baelon geared up and moved out, looking for anything that could help him find and slay this dragon; before it is too late!